Connect the talent assets of Northwest Florida to key industry clusters and ensure a dynamic and diverse workforce for new and growing businesses.
- Create a regional workforce training and development initiative designed to meet the needs of large employers relocating or expanding in Northwest Florida.
- Better leverage separated and retired military personnel as a key talent pool for target industry clusters.
- Explore establishing an employer-driven workforce training initiative focused on assisting underemployed and long-term unemployed residents.
- Develop a regional talent recruitment program.
- Expand work-based learning and career exploration opportunities for students.
- Further leverage the manufacturing academies model to expand the promotion of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) programs and technical skills development as early as grade school to build long-term talent supply in the region.
- Increase employability skills training programs to reduce employment barriers for all students and adults, with a particular focus on underserved populations.