Connect the talent assets of Northwest Florida to key industry clusters and ensure a dynamic and diverse workforce for new and growing businesses.
- Create a regional workforce training and development initiative designed to meet the needs of large employers relocating or expanding in Northwest Florida.
- Formalize a regional military talent pipeline survey and marketing program.
- Explore establishing an employer-driven workforce training initiative focused on assisting underemployed and long-term unemployed residents.
- Develop a regional talent recruitment program.
- Expand work-based learning and career exploration opportunities for students such as apprenticeships, internships, career days, job shadowing, and career fairs.
- Partner with cradle to career education system to expand the promotion of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) programs and technical skills development as early as grade school to build long-term talent supply in the region.
- Increase employability skills training programs to reduce employment barriers for all students and adults, with a particular focus on low-income populations.