Foster robust entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems to drive future economic growth.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation Strategies
- Develop the region’s entrepreneurial hubs and connect them with industry clusters, assets, services, networks, facilities, tools, and expertise.
- Establish commercialization tools and programs connected to the region’s national security research and technology assets.
- Increase access to capital for Northwest Florida entrepreneurs and develop a formal mechanism to access funds.
- Encourage local entrepreneurs and innovators to tap into federal funding in the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grants.
- Promote rural entrepreneurship.
- Market regional entrepreneurial success stories.
- Support youth entrepreneurship programs at local school districts to foster a culture of innovation and cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit in the region.